Monday, January 10, 2011

An ARmy Wife woes- THE space crisis

Me and my Husband often have this argument on how much of a shopoholic I am (Which is not really true. ALl I have are a few pair of shoes stuffed under the bed, under my cupboard, under my husband's cupboard and a few tucked in the truck). Of course the clothes have another issue. The MES wardrobe can only fill 1/4 of my things and i keep rotating my other stuff (again!!) in my husband's wardrobe. The 'Bhaiya' keeps himself busy adjusting clothes, shoes,  everywhere.

So you see the shopping part isnt really my fault. The problem is with the house MES gave us. Too little space for my stuff.

The other day we were at the mall and I managed not to look at that very hot black pair of boots (It's pretty cold in Jalandhar during winters, and i have only few pair's lying around). I had a very difficut time thinking where would i actually keep those lovelies. I moved on to another section, hoping to buy something that wouldn't have space issues but then clothes are the best choice, isn't it? you buy it and then its easy to adjust them somewhere (i am still deliberating this thought). However i managed to buy a long quilted coat (Pretty one in black with block print) and I really took an hour to think whether to buy it or chuck it. Hubby was around, peeking, waiting and looking at him, whether he would resist buying me this one. He didn't. Lucky me. (Yipeee!!!)
We roamed about an hour. Buying something else would just confirm his belief of me being a serial shopper so i walked straight to the pay counter and bought it. It felt good to collect points on my LIFESTYLE card (for a discount for another rainy day). Tapping my feet impatiently, i collected my bag with a grin. I would definitely clean my cupboard to fit this in.
It didnt really happen. I opened my wardrobe. Hubby pointedly ignored the clothes falling out. i took out a hanger and tucked it in, gazing at rest of my 'old' clothes (They were bought on a few weeks earlier after all) in irritation.  
I complained about the space again and slept happily, swearing i won't buy another piece of clothe again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think about my post. Let's connect!