Friday, September 16, 2011

What I learnt from Ms Sudha Murthy?

I am not really a fan of short stories. I think I started my portion of them back in college and ended up with being an avid fan of long and fat novels. Short stories just had no appeal to me. I remember having read the O Henry ones which I liked though it didn't really encourage me to pick up the others.

I came across Ms Murthy's book WISE AND OTHERWISE. I didn't touch the book for two days wanting to delay as much because I knew I was going to be bored to death.

How wrong I was!

I have become so prejudiced about this book that I just want everyone in my family to read it. Its not exactly an autobiography but there are incidents of Ms Murthy's life with various types of people, some happy and some sad but in all of them you learn to become a better human being of today. Unlike a novel it left me feeling good about myself because she talks about various people who have different backgrounds with different temperaments. Not all people we meet are perfect. But they leave a mark on you either making you feel happy or bitter.

What you do is take the best of the situation and be aware that sometimes you cannot change people even though your heart wants otherwise but you can make a difference in the lives of people though you cannot expect them to remember what you have done. You have to keep doing what you think best and be your best.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think about my post. Let's connect!